Lately, we’ve received many questions about our showing protocols for listings amid the health crisis, so I’m sharing those with you today.
1. Masks are worn at all times. Everyone must wear a mask, and it must stay on throughout the entire showing.
2. No groups larger than three people are permitted. The real estate agent and two guests are all that’s allowed.
3. All surfaces are sanitized. The seller is responsible for wiping down and sanitizing all surfaces before each showing.
4. Contact is minimized in the home. Only exterior doors will be touched when entering and exiting. The homeowner will have all lights on and interior doors open.
5. Furniture will remain untouched. Again, nothing should be touched inside the home.
6. Those who are sick are asked to stay home. If anyone is sick or has been around someone who’s sick or been diagnosed with COVID-19, they are asked to either not show their home or not come to a showing. This is also a requirement for appraisers, inspectors, or vendors who need access to the house.
We understand that this is a sensitive time, and not everyone will be comfortable with all of these precautions. As such, we offer other ways to view properties. We can do a live tour via Facetime, a virtual tour, or a Matterport 3D tour. We are here to help you view or list homes in any way we can.
If you or anyone you know has further questions about our protocols or real estate in general, we’d be happy to speak with you. Please feel free to contact us via phone or email.