Today we wanted to give you five important maintenance tips for the fall season. Your home is a huge investment, so you obviously want to take care of it. Doing a few things every fall to get your home ready will pay off in the long run:
1. Check and reseal your doors and windows. The sealant around these tends to disintegrate over time, so reapplying some can help a lot with your energy bill.
2. Clean out your gutters. Take a few minutes, grab a ladder, and clean out your gutters. Be careful though. If you’re not too good with heights, it might be a good idea to pay someone else to do it, or maybe even get some able-bodied teenagers to help.
3. Get your roof inspected. Same as your doors and windows, the sealant on your roof can fall apart over time. The savings on your heating bill are worth the couple hundred dollars it’ll cost to have someone check and fix it.
4. Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Every year, go around and make sure the batteries are still good in all your detectors. They’re very easy to replace if not.
5. Have your furnace and fireplace inspected. Have an HVAC company make sure your heater is working and that any service items are taken care of. Have a chimney sweep come out too in case we get another cold snap like we did last year; it’s very cheap.
If you ever need any real estate assistance in the Houston area or have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’d love to be a resource for you.